Rodrigo Mora lands in Rome

Roma evening transfer rumour roundup: Fofana, Luis Henrique, Udogie and more

Roma continue to assess reinforcements across the squad as Rodrigo Mora prepares to begin his new chapter in the Italian capital.

Roma’s transfer activity remains focused on strengthening Gian Piero Gasperini’s squad, with Malick Fofana, Luis Henrique and Destiny Udogie among the leading names discussed throughout the day.

Fofana remains a leading attacking target

Malick Fofana continues to be linked with Roma as the Giallorossi evaluate their next attacking move.

The Belgian winger played 90 minutes as Lyon drew 1-1 with Fenerbahçe in the first leg of their Champions League qualifier. After the match, Paulo Fonseca said he expects Fofana to remain available for the return fixture on August 26.

“I think so,” Fonseca told Canal+ when asked whether Fofana would play. “He is very important. I believe in all the players in our team. They will be ready for the next match.”

Romain Molina also commented on the situation, pointing to the involvement of Roc Nation and describing a complicated case featuring media pressure, expected offers that have not materialized and potentially complex financial structures.

Luis Henrique approved by Gasperini and D’Amico

Luis Henrique is another option under consideration as Roma search for an additional wide player.

According to Filippo Biafora, the Inter winger has received the approval of both Gasperini and sporting director Tony D’Amico. Any potential move, however, will depend on the financial conditions and whether Roma can identify a suitable formula.

Roma will not wait indefinitely for Udogie

Roma are also assessing options for the left flank, with Destiny Udogie among their targets.

Alfredo Pedullà reports that the Tottenham player has requested additional time before deciding his future. Roma are prepared to wait, but not indefinitely, and will pursue alternative solutions if the situation is not resolved soon.

Fenerbahçe defender Jayden Oosterwolde represents another name to monitor. According to Lorenzo Canicchio, intermediaries have offered the versatile defender to Roma. Oosterwolde can operate at centre-back or left-back, although there is currently no indication that negotiations have begun.

No progress over Rafael Leão

Roma’s reported interest in Rafael Leão dates back several weeks, but no recent progress has been made.

Fabrizio Romano has said that a transfer taking the Portuguese winger from Milan to Roma is not considered possible. Matteo Moretto similarly reported that the interest is not new and has not produced any recent developments.

Sacha Tavolieri later linked developments involving Leão and Roma to Milan’s talks with Galatasaray over Christopher Nkunku. The Turkish club have opened discussions for the French forward, but Tavolieri’s report does not indicate that Roma have made progress toward signing Leão.

Fiorentina move for Soulé

Elsewhere, Fiorentina are reportedly attempting to sign Matias Soulé.

According to Corriere dello Sport, the Viola have identified the Argentine as an option as they search for a natural winger suited to Fabio Grosso’s 4-3-3 formation. Fiorentina have already completed nine signings but are still looking to reinforce the wide areas.

Mora prepares to begin Roma adventure

Rodrigo Mora’s move is approaching its final formalities following Roma’s agreement with Porto.

The Portuguese talent has selected the number 86 shirt, which he previously wore for Porto and Porto B. Mora is expected to undergo his medical examinations, sign his contract and then join his first training session under Gasperini.

Leave a Reply

Discover more from romadaily.com

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading